Sign up to our newsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest news and events, and information about contacting MSPs and local meet ups.
NB. Region refers to your constituency region; if you’re unsure, enter your postcode here.
Previously sent newsletters:
Our experience shows that meeting face-to-face is more successful than writing long letters. So our advice is to send a quick email saying you would like to arrange a meeting to discuss the proposed changes to the GRA because of concerns regarding the protection of women’s and girls’ spaces/girlguides/policies in schools, etc. (whatever concerns you the most).
We all have one constituency MSP and seven regional MSPs. Put your postcode into theyworkforyou.com/scotland to find yours. It’s a lot of work but it is worth contacting ALL of them – after all, they each get a vote on this at Parliament.
We would love to hear about your MSPs response.
We produced these briefing notes which may be useful to email or discuss with your MSPs:
Contact your MP
We started a campaign on International Women’s Day to ask MPs to write to Penny Mordaunt, Minister for Women, to request guidance to be published on the use of the single-sex exceptions in the Equality Act. This is an ongoing campaign, please see forwomen.scot/take-part/iwd for an easy how to guide.
- Inquiry into the influence of lobby groups on policies about sex and gender. Closing date 18 January 2020.
- Asking Stonewall to reconsider its approach to transgender issues.
- Stop Mermaids delivering training to the police, schools and all public services.
- Stop the use of mixed-sex psychiatric wards Closing date 19 December 2019.
- Declaration on women’s sex-based rights.