November 2022 leaflets
1. Results from the latest public opinion polls.
2. Stage 2 amendment 114 would have prevented sex offenders obtaining a GRC. Committee members Maggie Chapman (Green) and Joe Fitzpatrick, Karen Adam and Fulton MacGregor (SNP) all voted against it. Official Report (Col 21).
3. The Scottish Govt believes a GRC changes a person’s sex in the Equality Act “for all purposes” and a man with a GRC is entitled to full rights under the protected characteristic “woman”. See the report from the FWS v Scottish Ministers judicial review.
4. See the Cass Interim Report and an analysis of it.
5. You can email your constituency MSP and seven regional MSPs by putting in your postcode at writetothem.com.
6. The petition to update the Equality Act to make clear the characteristic “sex” is biological sex can be found here.
November 2022 postcards
1. The quote is from paragraph 36 of the Court of Session Inner House decision in our successful judicial review.
2. The EHRC stated in email communication that the acquisition of a Gender Recognition Certificate “would not affect an individual’s biological sex”.